Wednesday, November 4, 2015

To Blog or Not to Blog

I've always loved following bloggers of various topics: teachers, cooking, entertainment, shopping, you name it really!  I have always really enjoyed writing, and find it quite therapeutic.  As a child, I always had journals and diaries that I loved to write in.  I've thought a lot in the past (and currently) about blogging to keep a journal of sorts, and have somewhat of a hobby to do besides just t.v. and running my family every which way.  So when we made a big decision about adding to our family, I really wanted to document my feelings to share with my family and friends.  That brings us to where we are today... My FIRST blog entry!

Let me first say, that my goal is to write on a variety of topics - teaching, family, cooking, you name it really! But today's entry will be all about the day I decided to blog.  This is a long one, so BEWARE! ;)  But I promise they won't all be long like this!

It was my birthday, September 23rd.  Bryan randomly came home and told me he wanted to sell his truck.. and that he was ready to go through with in vitro fertilization.  IVF is something that we've known for awhile would be in our future. We just didn't know when.   I started the very next day making calls to see where to start.

On September 28th I had my first appointment.  I drove to St. Luke's hospital all the way in Chesterfield, MO.  (A good two hour drive).  There I had my first (internal) ultrasound.  SO fun! LOL   This is the day I knew I wanted to start documenting our journey in writing/blogging.
(here's my first wristband from the hospital)

We waited and waited for my results to come back.  On October 6th I heard from Mindy, my new IVF coordinator.  Mindy is "my girl" as I refer to her to all my friends and family.  She is my go-to person with questions, and she sets up everything up for me as far as IVF goes. I was on my lunch break when I read the email.  I sat at my desk and had a complete crying meltdown while I read my results.  The ultrasound test had GREAT results, and we got the go ahead to continue with in vitro.  I cried happy tears about the good news. I cried because I finally got the email that I had been waiting a week for.  I cried because I couldn't believe that we were actually going through with IVF, and not conceiving naturally.  I cried because of the cost of IVF.  And I think I cried for the whole evening,  just being overwhelmed with all of the information and feelings that flooded me. 

In the days and weeks leading up to November, there were various papers to be filled out, questions to be asked, and of course more waiting. If you have ever actually had to TRY to conceive, like trying and it doesn't work... for months and months, or years, then you know what I mean when I say that there's always WAITING! Waiting is the worst! So waiting for our next step was horrid.

Fast forward to today. November 4th, 2015.  Today was just another little hurdle in our journey.  Today I started on birth control.  It's funny because in my younger years, when hoping to NOT get pregnant, I was on birth control.  Now, at 32 years old and after "trying" for 20 months, I'm on birth control again. But this time it's to regulate everything, to help the doctor with the timing. It seems crazy to be excited about taking this little pill, but I am! I honestly was so excited to wake up this morning so I could swallow this silly pill!

And now we wait... again...  We wait for two more weeks, when we have to go to the hospital for more testing, and some a little course on how to administer the shots! I can't believe how anxious and excited I am to start getting shots! 

That's it for today! If you made it to the end of the entry, then good for you! Thanks for reading, and come back for updates on our IVF journey, and much more!

8 comments:

  1. ♡ this!!!! Cannot wait to follow your journey. I will pray for you & your little family! What an exciting time in your life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy! You are amazing for sharing this! I look forward to reading more updates. Many prayers! 💗Beth Nicolaison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your story!!! I know difficulty conceiving can be a very sensitive subject for many people and often kept secret. I know this won't be the only thing you blog about but I think it will help others to feel not so alone. Best of luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So proud of you for sharing your story...and so glad we are friends! Prayers for you and Bryan as you start this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck to you in this journey. I spent almost 2 years trying to conceive and it is an emotional time. Praying for success for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband and I had to go through fertility treatments with both of our pregnancies. My prayers are with you and your husband. Waiting is the worst part, but totally worth it in the end. Don't hold your emotion in, this is a very trying time for you mentally and physically...talk it out with each other and your family. You are not alone in this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, your courage is AWESOME! I'll be reading supporting any way I can from 2 hours away. Keep your head up. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love you Amy! Can't wait to read your next one!

    ReplyDelete